Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's Time to Come Home

A few reasons why Hong Kong is saying, "You've overstayed your welcome."

1) Our Girls Night Out dinner at this "nice" Italian restaurant in Soho - Sole Mio, was a disaster.
a. A huge cockroach (I mean like 2.5 inches long) crawled up between the crack of the tables and into our breadbasket (This isn't America. We did not receive any free alcohol or discount on our food.) Then it crawled back down the table cloth next to my leg and I was right next to it and Laura wouldn't let me get out! because she knows I hate bugs and thought that would be a good way for me to confront my fears.
b. Laura got locked in their bathroom and had to bang on the door for someone to let her out. (love karma)
c. One of our friends had an allergic reaction to her food/wine and had a very swollen upper lip. We told her it just looked like she had had collagen injections.
d. At the end of the meal, the cockroach crawled over Kristen's foot. Then he landed on his back and Laura squashed him.

2) Walking to Lan Kwai Fong, a rat AND a giant cockroach darted across our path. We all screamed and this man walking to his apartment talking on his cellphone bitterly said, "Ugh, I can't hear you, these girls are screaming."

3) It's pouring rain and thundering and "lightening-ing" like I've never seen in my life. It sounds like gunshots it's so loud.

4) I am absolutely covered in mosquito bites.

No comments: